Followers

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

FRIED CURRY PORK

Here is a continuation of the quick cook recipes which I have tried and mentioned in my previous post.

Again this is an awesome quick stir fry dish suitable for family meals that can be prepared and served without much hassle.
Lovely mild curried flavoured tender meat dish which I like for its' taste and flavour.  Children will not be able to detect the spiciness of this dish.  Best to use pork tenderloin as it is quick to cook, tender and healthy lean pork.

Recipe adapted from Yum Yum Magazine No. 93 [my selected cookbook for January 2017 Cookbook Countdown Event] with slight modifications 
Ingredients
1 piece pork tenderloin [about 200-300 gm] - cut into thick slices or cubes
Marinade
1-2 tsp meat curry powder
1 tsp salt and light soy sauce
1 tbsp cornstarch with 2 tbsp water
Seasoning [combined]
1 tsp curry powder
1 tbsp light soy sauce and oyster sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
2-3 tbsp water

1/2 green capsicum - cut wedges
1/2 red capsicum - cut wedges
  1. Combine pork tenderloin with marinade, mix well and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
  2. Heat up a non stick wok with some oil, pan fry marinated pork slices until brown and cooked through [you can deep fry pork slices if you like].  Dish a drain.
  3. Remove excess oil, add in capsicum and fried pork slices together with the seasoning. Add more water if you prefer some sauce for this dish.
  4. Quickly stir fry to mix well.
  5. Dish up to serve immediately.
Cookbook Countdown

I'm sharing this post with Cookbook Countdown Event#13 hosted by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours and Emily of Emily's Cooking [Makan2] Foray

12 comments:

PH said...

Kimmy, I like this simple dish. Quite interesting the addition of curry powder to this non-curry dish.

Lissa said...

Hi Kimmy, Happy New Year! Defrosted pork tenderloin this afternoon and was wondering what to cook with it. Thank goodness for this recipe. I don't have capsicum on hand; so I just added mushrooms, onion and tomato. Simple, easy stir fry dish. Yummy too. Thanks for sharing.

Lissa - wishes from Canada

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, surprisingly tasty dish which is quick to cook. Love the flavour, we finish it off too soon.

Kimmy said...

Thanks Lissa for your wishes, same to you. You can replace the capsicum with chillies if it is not too spicy. I will increase the seasoning ingredients if I added other ingredients. Should be good.

Kayte said...

Such a wonderful looking recipe...your photos are completely fabulous, absolutely beautiful. I am loving your blog and I want to try this recipe soon as it looks easy, healthy, and delicious. I love this choice of yours!

Kimmy said...

Hi Kayte, this is a delicious pork dish. As I mentioned, I like using pork tenderloin as it is suitable for quick stir or pan fry. Cooks fast and very tender. Thanks for your lovely feedback. Happy Cooking.

kitchen flavours said...

Hi Kimmy,
Another awesome delicious dish! This would be perfect for any occasion!

TeaLady said...

CURRY!! You got my attention right away with just that one word. Pinning this one for later. Looks wonderful!

Chloe said...

Hey Kimmy. Just to update u. I tried this dish and the pork was very "phang" . Delicious! Thanks for sharing. Chloe

Kimmy said...

Hi Chloe, you are a good cook to make this dish perfect. Thanks for the feedback.

Kimmy said...

Hi Joyce, yes I do think so for the taste, most would like its taste and flavour.

Kimmy said...

Hi TeaLady, you have to try this if you love something spicy and aromatic.