This soup can be considered a quick cook soup but the meatballs are cooked over simmering low heat. The meatballs are tender and the soup is aromatic and tasty. It isn’t oil and the zucchini slices are crunchy.
A comfortable, nice soup suitable for all to enjoy over dinner
Recipe adapted from Chinese TV Cook Show.
150 gm minced meat
1 tbsp chopped spring onion
½ tbsp chopped ginger
1 tbsp wine
½ tsp salt
Dash of pepper
Some beaten egg
1 zucchini – halved, seeded and sliced
Some sliced carrots
A few slices ginger
750 ml water or stock
Salt and pepper to taste
Dash of sesame seed oil
- Marinade minced meat with wine, salt, pepper and egg. Mix well and add in cornstarch. Beat until paste is sticky. Shape into meatballs.
- Bring water or stock to boil, lower heat and add in meatball to cook over SIMMERING water until it floats up and soup is clear.
- Add in carrots and ginger and continue to cook over low heat [not over 90 degrees C], add in seasoning to taste.
- Lastly add in sliced zucchini, spring onion and sesame seed oil.
- Serve immediately and garnish with chopped spring onions.