I had this fried rice recipe for a long while but wasn’t able to prepare it as I couldn’t find a small portion of Garam Masala that is needed to fry the rice.
Finally, bought a small portion from Mydin Store and here it is the Indian Fried Rice cooked to savour over the weekend. It is a very tasty fried rice, aromatic but not too spicy. I believe, the combination of ingredients can be according to own preference as the seasoning used is just salt, msg and pepper.
I wouldn’t mind having the fried rice again as it is really nice. Do give this a try if you love Fried Rice.
3-4 cups cooked cooled rice
3-4 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp each chopped ginger and garlic
3 long beans – diced
1 /2 red carrot – diced
50 gm prawns – diced
50 gm chicken fillet – diced
½ tsp garam masala
2 tbsp chilli powder
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp each msg and pepper
- Heat oil in a non-stick wok, sauté chopped ginger/garlic until aromatic. Add in prawns and chicken, fry until cooked and add in garam masala and chilli powder. Stir to mix well.
- Add in green beans and carrots. Stir to mix.
- Put in rice and toss well to combine, followed by seasoning over low heat.
- Toss and stir well all the ingredients until heated through.
- Dish up to serve immediately with some sliced zucchini.
Click here for other Fried Rice Recipe