Followers

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

INDIAN FRIED RICE

 I had this fried rice recipe for a long while but wasn’t able to prepare it as I couldn’t find a small portion of Garam Masala that is needed to fry the rice.
Finally, bought a small portion from Mydin Store and here it is the Indian Fried Rice cooked to savour over the weekend.  It is a very tasty fried rice, aromatic but not too spicy.  I believe, the combination of ingredients can be according to own preference as the seasoning used is just salt, msg and pepper.
This recipe is from Chef Amy Beh’s cook show organized by Ajino-moto Malaysia sometime in 2004.
I wouldn’t mind having the fried rice again as it is really nice.  Do give this a try if you love Fried Rice.
Ingredients
3-4 cups cooked cooled rice
3-4 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp each chopped ginger and garlic
3 long beans – diced
1 /2 red carrot – diced
50 gm prawns – diced
50 gm chicken fillet – diced
½ tsp garam masala
2 tbsp chilli powder
Seasoning
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp each msg and pepper
  1. Heat oil in a non-stick wok, sauté chopped ginger/garlic until aromatic.  Add in prawns and chicken, fry until cooked and add in garam masala and chilli powder.  Stir to mix well.
  2. Add in green beans and carrots.  Stir to mix.
  3. Put in rice and toss well to combine, followed by seasoning over low heat.
  4. Toss and stir well all the ingredients until heated through.
  5. Dish up to serve immediately with some sliced zucchini.
     
Click here for other Fried Rice Recipe

2 comments:

PH said...

Kimmy, I have a bottle of garam masala in the fridge. Why didn't you tell me? hah...hah...hah... Now I know what else I can do with it. I am very sure I will love this fried rice.

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, remember I was asking you where to get a small portion of garam masala. I couldn't try this fried rice as I don't have this important ingredient that makes the fried rice different. Try cepat, cepat and more liao.