When was the last time I prepared roast chicken? Can't remember but should be quite awhile, probably months, since the time my hubby was away from home to care for my mother in-law after her surgery.
Back to this dish, it is an easy baked chicken with tasty marinade sauce that you can easily concoct. Tastes savoury, sweet and sourish. You can increase the marinade portion if you like to have more sauce to go with this baked chicken. Very tasty and appetising flavoured baked chicken. The chicken meat is tender and juicy.
This was served with boiled potatoes, French beans and carrots. Simple easy meal for the family, yet awesome.
3 chicken whole legs - skin intact with fats removed - make a few slits
some toasted black and white sesame seeds
10 pips garlic - grated
2 tbsp wine
4 tbsp light soy sauce
- Clean chicken and pat dry, make a few slits. Marinate with marinade for several hours or overnight in the fridge.
- Arrange chicken pieces on a baking tray lined with foil.
- Baked in preheated oven at 200 degrees C for 20 minutes or cooked through, then grill for 10 minutes to brown the chicken.
- Either sprinkle some sesame seeds before or after baking as garnishing.
- While the chicken is baking, bring marinade to boil in a saucepan until thick, baste chicken with sauce or serve separately with other ingredients [boiled potatoes, blanched vegetables or fresh tomatoes].