Every time when I make use of my Thermal Cooker, I feel grateful to my brother in-law for giving it to me. It really helps to make easy my cooking adventure. All I need to do is to boil the ingredients for the time required and leave it to cook by itself. It is energy and time saving, yet the result is awesome.
This is another lovely soup which I cooked with it and happy with the result. The soup is clear, the pork ribs, corn and carrots are tender. A tasty soup to go with rice or have on its own.
1 corn - cut chunky pieces
1 red carrot - peeled and cut chunky pieces [you can use Chinese yam [san yau] or white carrots]
3-4 pieces meaty pork ribs - blanched and rinsed
1-2 tbsp goji [medlar seeds/wolfberries] - rinsed
2-3 cloves garlic with skin
Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring water or stock to boil in inner pot of thermal cooker [you can cook this soup with normal pot, the usual way], add in pork ribs and corn.
- Bring to boil for about 20 minutes. Add in remaining ingredients and let in boil for another 10-15 minutes. Cover pot with lid and transfer to outer pot of Thermal Cooker.
- Close the lid and leave the soup to continue cooking in it. Soup should be ready within 1 hours.
- Before serving, bring soup to boil, taste to adjust seasoning.
- Serve hot in soup bowl or claypot.