Tofu is one of my favourite food ingredients but I like most the firm tofu [less water content]. The type which comes in a big piece and the portion sold according to request. I like it in soup, fried, steamed with spicy or non-spicy sauces etc.
For this recipe, I used the firm tofu as I like the texture which is good for braising. It stays firm and doesn't break easily.
This is a tasty dish, spicy and savoury. Good with rice or porridge and for Bento set meals.
1 block firm tofu - cut into 1/2 inch thick pieces
1 tbsp each of chopped garlic, ginger and spring onions
50-100 gm minced meat with some fats [can replaced with chicken or prawns]
1 tbsp each chilli bean paste [dao ban jiang], light soy sauce, wine
1/4 tsp sugar
dash of pepper
90 ml water
- Heat up a non-stick wok with some oil, pan fry tofu pieces until golden brown oon both sides. Push aside or dish up onto a plate.
- Using the same wok, saute chopped garlic and ginger until fragrant, add in the minced meat. Continue to fry until fragrant.
- Add in the seasoning and water. Mix in the fried tofu.
- Bring to boil and simmer until sauce is reduced. Lastly add in spring onions.
- Dish up to serve with rice or porridge.
Post a Comment