This is one of the many easy Chinese recipes that I have prepared. It is a homey Chinese style fried meat dish which tastes savoury sweet and aromatic.
It is a nutritious and tasty dish complete with meat, vegetables and fibre. Just this dish alone is good enough for a meal with rice.
200 gm streaky pork belly - cut 2 inches in length
some black fungus [bok nee] - soaked and drained
1/2 carrot - skinned and sliced
1 stalk leeks or celery - sliced slantwise
some chopped ginger, garlic and spring onions
1 1/2 tbsp each of sweet chilli sauce, light soy sauce and wine
1/2 tsp sugar
dash of pepper
- Heat up a non-stick wok without oil, add in streaky pork belly, pan fry until brown and oil oozes out. Remove excess oil.
- Push meat pieces aside, saute chopped ingredients until aromatic. Add in carrots and black fungus, then seasoning and water.
- Stir fry to mix ingredients and bring to boil until gravy is reduced.
- Add in leeks or celery. Toss well to cook.
- Dish up to serve with rice.