Surprisingly tasty stir fried vegetarian dish with a mixture of ingredients. The sauce is appetising, savoury, sourish and sweet. Blends well with the ingredients.
The seasoning is doubled cos' I wanted some sauce to cook the pineapples and cucumber. With more sauce, the black fungus and fried beancurd skin are able to soak up some of the flavours.
Recipe Source - Yum Yum Magazine No, 67 with modifications
30 gm dried lily buds - removed the hard ends and knotted, rinsed
50 gm black fungus - soaked, drained and break into pieces
150 gm knotted bean curd skins - fried [fry this first]
1 small cucumber - cut chunks
100 gm pineapples - cut into small pieces
2 red chillies - cut into pieces
150 ml water
2 tbsp tomato sauce
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar to taste
dash of pepper and sesame seed oil
1 tsp cornstarch
- Heat oil in wok, throw in all the ingredients, give it a good stir to mix well.
- Add in the seasoning, stir fry to mix sauce with ingredients.
- Add in water, bring to boil and taste to adjust seasoning.
- Thicken sauce with some cornstarch water. Bring to a boil again.
- Dish up to serve with rice.