After 9 days of vegetarian diet and having rice for most meals, I suddenly miss porridge. Since I have some leftover pumpkin after cooking Stir Fry Pumpkin with Miso, I cooked this porridge for weekend meal. I added some broccoli for fiber and colour.
I cooked half this recipe enough for 3 and each has more than a bowl.
Recipe Source - Yum Yum Magazine No. 89
500 gm minced meat
- marinate with 1/2 tsp each of salt and sesame oil, 1/4 tsp each of pepper and sugar, 1 egg white and 1 tbsp cornstarch
1 bowl rice + 10 bowls water
300 gm pumpkin - peeled and cut wedges
50 gm dried scallop - rinsed
salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and soak rice in water for 1 hour. Bring to boil, then add in scallops.
- Lower heat to simmer until rice is soft. Add in pumpkin to cool until both rice and pumpkin are very soft.
- Add in meatballs and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Add in salt to taste. Add in broccoli to cook [if using] until it turns bright green and cooked.
- Off heat, dish up to serve.
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (Oct 2014 Event: PUMPKIN) organised by Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids) and Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY) and hosted by Eileen (Eileen's Diary).