This is can be prepared from leftover boiled chicken [pak cham kai] or cook chicken as per recipe. This time, I omit the ginger bud as it's difficult to get and rather costly. Without it, the sauce tasted good though.
Verdict - Sweet, sourish, spicy and savoury sauce white cut chicken. Good on its' own or with rice.
Recipe Source - Yum Yum Magazine No. 90
2 chicken whole legs
1.5 litres water
50 gm ginger - bruised
5 pips garlic - bruised
2 stalks spring onion
1/4 tbsp salt
Sauce - Mixed
6 tbsp Thai chilli sauce
2 cili padi - chopped
2 kaffir lime leaves - finely shredded
1 tsp fish sauce
4 petals of ginger bud - chopped
- Bring water to boil with ginger, garlic, spring onions and salt.
- Add in the chicken, cover and bring to boil again. Off heat and leave the chicken in the pot for 45 minutes.
- Remove chicken and immerse in a basin of ice cold water for 5 minutes.
- Dish up and drain. Debone chicken legs and cut into pieces. Place on serving platter.
- Drizzle the sauce over and serve.
I'm submitting this post to Cook Your Books Event #14 hosted by
Joyce of Kitchen Flavour