Taste - yummy, the sweetness is not noticeable eventhough palm sugar is used. Very tasty and tender pork chops.
This pork chop was served with a Mixed Vegetable and Potato Salad [see post]. It should be good if serve with plain white rice, too.
Recipe Source - Yum Yum Magazine No. 90
500 gm pork neck meat [about 1/2 inch thick] - tenderise using the back of a cleaver or pounder
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sesame seed oil
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tbsp cornstarch
Seasoning - Gula Melaka Sauce
50 gm gula melaka
1 tbsp light soya sauce
150 ml water
1 tsp cornstarch
- Marinate pork slices with marinade for at least an hour or preferable overnight.
- Heat up oil and pan fry meat slices until golden brown and cooked on both sides.
- Bring seasoning sauce to boil.
- Add in to the fried meat slices, stir to coat well or until gravy is slightly reduced.
- Dish up and serve with assorted fresh vegetables of your choice and chilli sauce.