An easy pizza recipe with tuna mayo topping. This pizza base uses more plain flour than bread flour.
Ingredients - Pizza Base
[dough weighs 400 gm - makes 6 pieces]
180 gm plain flour
50 gm bread flour
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp yeast
140-160 ml cold water
30 gm shortening
- Knead all ingredients together until soft and smooth. Cover and rest for 25 minutes.
- Shape dough in round, flatten slightly and cut in 6 pieces. Roll each piece into a circle of about 5mm thick.
- Place dough on baking tray use a fork to poke holes all over.
- Rest until dough is double in size.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200 degrees C for 15-20 minutes.
1 can tuna in mayonnaise
1 big onion - chopped
some chilli sauce and tomato sauce [or use pizza sauce]
some Italian mixed herbs
1 piece cheddar cheese - cut into 6
- Spread pizza base with some chilli sauce and tomato sauce [or pizza sauce], follow by tuna mayo filling.
- Sprinkle some mixed herbs, top with a small piece of cheddar cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200 degrees C for 10-15 minutes.