This is a simple yet nice pickle as appetiser that is worth making. Sometimes you can see this pickle been served as appetiser at Chinese Restaurants. In the home, it may be good to serve with fried meat. The carrots and zuchini pieces are very crunchy and tasted sweet and sourish.
2 Japanese cucumbers [zuchini]
1 red chilli - halved and seeded
5 tbsp apple cider vinegar or white rice vinegar
3 tbsp castor sugar
a pinch of salt
- Cut carrot and zuchini into 4 cm strips
- Cut chilli into thin strips
- Rinse in boiled cold water and drain vegetables.
- Place in a glass bowl. Pour in the vinegar and stir in the sugar and salt. Mix well.
- Transfer to a glass container. Cover and chill for a day before serving.
- Serve the appetiser the next day.