Isn't this a simple and lovely steamed fish. Fresh caught grouper weighing about 700 gm. So delicious, every fleshy part of the fish was completed consumed. Next time I will take a photo of the bones left, that will explain better, hahaha!
700 gm grouper [garoupa] - cleaned and marinate with some shaoxing wine and 1 tsp cornflour
60 gm young ginger - finely minced
4 stalks of spring onions [white part - finely minced and green part - cut shreds]
1 tbsp oil
Seasoning [mixed together]
1 tbsp each of light soy sauce and oyster sauce
1/2 tsp each of sugar andd sesame oil
salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup of water
some red chilli curls
spring onion shreds
some fried garlic crisps
- Cleaned and cut fish at the base [separating the flesh and bones] to open up the fish as above. Make 2-3 slits on both sides. Rub wine and cornstarch all over the fish and place on steaming plate.
- Heat oil, stir fry minced ginger and spring onions until aromatic. Dish out and spread over fish and some at the bottom.
- Using the same wok, heat up mixed seasoning sauce [not necessary to boil it]. Remove to a bowl and pour over the base of the steaming plate.
- Steam fish over high heat for 15-18 minutes or until fish is cooked.
- Remove from heat and garnish with red chilli, spring onions, coriander leaves and fried garlic.
- Serve immediately.