Economical meatless dish, simple and easy to prepare. Light, tasty dish to savour with rice. Perhaps, for some people, just this dish with rice will suffice for an easy meal at home. A dish suitable for the young and old. Almost all the ingredients are easily available in the home kitchen.
2 pieces firm beancurd [taukwa] - cut 1 cm thick slices
4 canned button mushrooms - cut slices
2 dried mushrooms - soaked and cut slices
several florets black fungus - soaked and cut or keep whole
some sliced red carrots
some spring onions - cut sections
150-200 ml water
some cornstarch water for thickening [optional]
1 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
1/4 tsp mushroom stock granules
1/4 tsp salt to taste
several dashes of pepper
1 tsp cooking wine [optional]
- Prepare the ingredients as abovementioned.
- Heat some oil in a non stick wok, pan fried firm beancurd until golden brown on both sides. Push aside.
- Add in dried mushrooms to fry for awhile, then add in button mushrooms, carrots and black fungus. Stir fry for awhile, then mix with the fried beancurd.
- Add in water, lower heat while you add in the seasoning. Bring to boil, taste to adjust seasoning according to own preference.
- Cook for a further 1-2 minutes, then add in cornstarch water to thicken [can omit if you like to have some gravy]. Lastly, throw in the spring onions, give it a good stir.
- Dish up to serve.