I had some leftover orange sweet potatoes in my kitchen and this recipe in hand. I remembered, someone did mention that sweet potatoes have anti-cancer properties and high is fibre. With such good properties of sweet potatoes, why not add them into a fried chicken dish?
The original recipe uses 6 pieces chicken wings but I replaced it with deboned chicken whole leg.
The fried chicken is crispy, tender and succulent while the sweet potatoes are tender and sweet with crispy edges. Overall, it is a delicious and tasty dish with seasoning sauce.
1 large deboned chicken whole leg - cut bite size pieces
150 gm orange sweet potatoes - peeled and cut chunky pieces
some toasted sesame seeds
1 tbsp each of black vinegar, light soy sauce, wine
5 tbsp honey
50 ml water
- Marinate chicken pieces with salt, pepper, some beaten egg and cornflour. Mix well and set aside.
- Soak sweet potatoes in water after cutting and drain well just before deep frying.
- Deep fry sweet potatoes until golden brown. Dish up.
- Add in the chicken pieces to fry until golden brown and cooked. Dish up.
- Remove oil, add in seasoning, bring to boil until bubbly and thick. Add in the fried ingredients, toss to coat well.
- Fry until almost dry.
- Dish up and garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.