Followers

Monday, October 24, 2016

YUM PLA TU-NA [THAI TUNA SALAD]

Thai Tuna Salad aka Yum Pla Tu-na
This is  another simple yet awesome Thai salad with  canned tuna.  The third recipe using canned from this cookbook. 
You may think it is difficult to prepare with a long list of ingredients but in fact most of them are easily available in your home kitchen.  Initially, I didn’t intend to prepare this too when I saw the ingredients.
Anyway, I am glad I went ahead to buy a green mango and a pack of crispy fried peanuts to make this salad.  It is really nice to me and I enjoyed it very much.  The green mango is crunchy and tasty infused with the dressing sauce that is savoury and sourish.
Recipe adapted fromHealthy and Easy Thai Cooking [my this month's selected cookbook for Cookbook Countdown Event #10]
Ingredients
150 gm canned tuna in brine – drained off liquid
1 small green mango – skinned and finely shredded
5-6 shallots – thinly sliced
4 pips garlic – chopped
1 cm young ginger – finely shredded
½ red carrot – finely shredded
3-4 small chilli – finely chopped
Some chopped coriander and spring onions
Some crispy fried peanuts
Dressing Ingredients [combined]
2-3 tbsp fish sauce
3 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp each of sugar and honey
  1. Combined the dressing ingredients in a big bowl.
  2. Prepare the other ingredients as stated above.  Add in to the dressing sauce.
  3. Toss well and dish up to serve.  Garnish with crispy peanuts.
I'm linking this post with Cookbook Countdown #10 hosted by 


3 comments:

PH said...

Kimmy, the tuna salad looks delicious. I think I still have one or two cans of tuna in the pantry. I should make this salad before my tuna expires hah..hah...

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, do try this. I love the crunchy mango and it isn't a sweet salad. Very little sugar used for this much of ingredients.

kitchen flavours said...

This salad looks delicious, Kimmy! I like the combination of ingredients used. Thai salad is very fond of using peanuts.