This is a dish that you can prepare in thick sauce or slightly soupy. It has a combination of various ingredients with proteins and fibre all in a platter. Serving this with some plain white rice makes it a complete One Dish Meal.
1 chicken whole leg – deboned and chopped bite size pieces
100 gm fresh large abalone mushrooms – cut thick slices
4-5 young corn – cut sections
1 stalk leek – cut slantwise
Some red carrot slices
6 slices ginger
Some chopped garlic
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
Dash of pepper and salt to taste
Some water [for thick sauce] or 2 cups water [for soupy]
- Marinate chicken pieces with dash of salt, msg and pepper.
- Heat up a non-stick wok, add in sesame oil, ginger and garlic.
- Fry until aromatic, add in chicken and stir fry until aromatic.
- Add in mushrooms, carrot and seasoning ingredients. Transfer fried ingredients to a claypot [for soupy version], add in water.
- Bring to boil until ingredients are cooked through. Lastly add in leeks, bring to a quick boil and serve immediately.
- For the thick version, add in water, bring to boil until ingredients are cooked, then add in leeks. Stir fry until leeks turn bright green.
- Dish up
to serve immediately.