A very Chinese way of frying yellow noodles [mee] with simple ingredients and lots of vegetables. The noodles are extra fragrant and tasty with the addition of crispy fried shallots before dishing up to serve.
The original recipe has 4 tablespoons of black vinegar added but I have omitted it cos’ I ran out of black vinegar in the kitchen. Anyway, the noodles are still yummy without it.
Recipe Source - Taiwan TV Cooking Show
300 gm yellow noodles [mee]
150 gm prawns – shelled
100 gm pork – thinly sliced
½ carrot – shredded
150 gm cabbage – shredded
1 stalk spring onions – cut 1 inch lengths
1 red chilli – seeded and cut strips\
2 tbsp crispy fried shallots
1 tbsp chopped garlic
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp chicken or ikan bilis stock granules
2 tsp dark soy sauce
Dash of pepper
4 tbsp black vinegar [I omit]
- Heat wok with oil, sauté garlic, meat and prawns until aromatic.
- Add in cabbage and carrot. Add seasoning a a little water. Bring to boil and add in noodles.
- Stir fry to mix well. Simmer until water is almost dry and thick.
- Add in fried shallots. Stir to mix well.
- Dish up to serve. Garnish with spring onions and red chilli.