If you love curry flavoured chicken that is not too spicy with some thick sauce then this creamy curry chicken is suitable for you. The thick sauce comes with the addition of natural yoghurt.
Original recipe uses evaporated milk but I always like to replace evaporated milk or coconut milk with yoghurt when cooking curries. Suppose to be healthier? The fragrant aroma is the effect of using butter to fry the curry leaves and curry powder.
This curry goes well with bread, naan and rice.
Recipe Source – Yum Yum Magazine No. 60 [slightly modified]
3 chicken thighs – washed, deboned, cut into bite size pieces
Marinade - 1 tsp salt and 1 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp butter
2 sprigs curry leaves
2 tbsp meat curry powder
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 big onion – cut wedges
½ tsp salt, 1 tsp sugar
1 cup [135 ml] natural yoghurt
- Marinate chicken with marinade for 10 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick wok with some oil, pan fry chicken pieces until golden brown and cooked through. Dish up.
- Remove excess oil, melt butter in wok, sauté garlic, curry leaves and curry powder until fragrant.
- Add in fried chicken pieces, onions, seasoning and stir fry to mix.
- Cook for several minutes.
- Dish up to serve.