I made this buns several times. They are soft, moist and fluffy. With the tasty coconut filling, these buns are awesome.
The recipe only makes 8 small buns. Do double the portion if you like to make more and bigger buns.
Recipe Source - One Publisher Book - Koleksi Roti
Ingredients - slightly modified
[makes 8 buns]
160 gm bread flour
45 gm wholemeal flour
15 gm brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp instant yeast
120-140 ml cold water [may need less]
5 gm butter
some almond flakes
Mix together, set aside
35 gm dessicated coconut
30 gm icing sugar
20 gm butter
1 egg [reserve a little for glazing]
- Mix all dough ingredients [except butter] together. Knead into a soft dough. Add in butter and continue to knead until soft, smooth and elastic.
- Cover to rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Divide dough into 50 gm each and roll into balls.
- Flatten dough, add some filling in the centre. Gather the edges to seal. Then roll with your palms into an oblong shape.
- Place on baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Leave to proof for about 1 hour or until double in size. Apply egg glaze and make slits on top with a sharp knife, then sprinkle some almond flakes.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees C [middle rack] for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to cool on wire rack or serve warm.