Another homely meat dish that goes well with rice or steaming hot porridge. This is the third tasty dish using preserved soya bean paste [taucheow], like the dishes which I cooked earlier using fish and tofu puffs [recipe here] and pork belly and black fungus [see recipe here]. All these 3 dishes are tasty and delicious with rice or porridge.
Verdict - tasty and delicious. Aromatic with ginger and the salted soya bean paste tasted sweet.Yum Yum Magazine No. 69 [slightly modified]
2-3 tbsp cooking oil
100 gm minced meat
2-3 potatoes [about 250 gm] - peeled and cut into slices or chunks
1 tbsp chopped garlic and shallots
1 tsp chopped ginger [I used more as I like ginger with taucheow]
1 tbsp preserved soya bean paste [I used Knife brand]
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 tsp dark soy sauce [optional]
500 ml water
- Heat up oil, pan fry potatoes for a short while. Dish up or push aside.
- Add in chopped garlic, shallots and ginger. Fry until fragrant. Add in the minced meat. Stir fry until aromatic and meat turns pale.
- Add in seasoning and combine meat with potatoes. Stir fry to mix well.
- Add in the water. Bring to boil then lower heat to simmer for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft and gravy has thickened.
- Add some chopped spring onions and red chilli. Dish up to serve with rice or porridge.