This is an easy to bake marble butter cake from Florence which I have bookmarked to do for Bake Along Theme - Marbled Butter Cake but didn't managed to do.Recipe Source - Do What I like
[use a 8" x 4" loaf pan]
100 gm butter - room temperature
80 gm castor sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 - 1 tsp vanilla essence or 1 tsp rum
2 tsp orange zest for tangy flavour [optional]
2 eggs - room temperature
2 tbsp milk
100 gm cake flour
30 gm corn starch
1 tsp baking powder
10 gm cocoa powder
5 gm icing sugar
- Line a loaf pan with baking paper [I used a non stick baking pan]. Preheat oven to 170 degrees C.
- Sieve cocoa powder and icing sugar, then stir in the milk to get a smooth chocolate paste. Set aside.
- Cream butter, sugar, vanilla essence/rum and salt with electric egg beater till light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time till well combined.Stir in the milk.
- Cream in the sieved flour mixture (cake flour, corn starch and baking powder) till smooth and well combined. I use my electric egg beater at lowest speed to do this part.
- Divide batter into 2 portions and stir the chocolate paste into one of the portion.
- Spoon the butter batter and chocolate batter alternatively into the loaf pan
- Bake at 170 degrees C for 40- 45 minutes or till cooked.