This one has yam in it with meat. The original recipe adds chopped red chillies which I omitted. I find it quite odd. If you like yam, this is a meat roll that you may like to do.
Verdict - These rolls have the aroma of yam and 5 spice powder. The rolls are tasty and juicy inside with a crispy skin. This is a healthier version of meat rolls with yam/meat ratio of 1:1 instead of all meat with fats.
Recipe Source - Yum Yum Magazine No.69 [with slight modification]
[makes 20 rolls]
1 big piece bean curd sheet [cut into 20 small sheets]
Enough oil for frying
1 big onion -chopped
400 gm yam - shredded
400 gm minced meat or thinly sliced meat shreds
1-2 tsp 5 spice powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp sugar
2 tbsp light soy sauce [I used 2 tbsp liquid from red fermented beancurd]
1 tsp pepper
2 tsp sesame oil
5 tbsp corn flour
- Combine filling with seasoning and leave aside.
- Take a piece of bean curd sheet [spray sheet with little water if skin is dry]. Put some filling on top in the centre and roll up.
- Finish doing the rolls.
- Add enough oil to dry wok, place a few rolls at a time into the wok. On the heat to medium to fry rolls until cooked or golden brown [this is the meat rolls will be cooked and the bean curd will not be too brown].
- Finish frying the rolls in batches like in step 4.
- Cut into pieces and serve with sliced cucumbers and chilli sauce.
How to Make the Yam/Meat Rolls
I'm submitting this post to Cook Your Books Event #15 hosted by