The original recipe [Banana Orange Walnut Muffins] is from Florence of Do What I Like. Since I didn't have enough walnuts, I substitute the walnuts with some chopped candied orange peel [see recipe here] which I made earlier.
The muffins are soft and moist even on the next day. It is even more flavourful than just out of the oven. The paper cases can be easily removed when completely cooled.
|Visit this site for Its' Nutritional Facts [here]|
Recipe Source - Do What I Like [with slight modifications]
[makes 9 muffins]
1 large egg
2 tsp rum
1-2 tsp zest of orange
180 ml orange juice [from 1-2 oranges]
2 large bananas - mashed
30 gm butter melted with 2 tbsp corn oil
200 gm plain flour
1 1/2 baking powder
1/2-1 tsp cinnamon powder
1/8 tsp nutmeg powder
1/2 tsp salt
70 gm castor sugar
1/4 cup chopped walnuts [I replaced with 2 tbsp chopped candied orange peel]
- Melt butter with corn oil in a small sauce pan. Set aside to cool.
- Blend banana with orange juice in a blender.
- Whisk eggs and add in all the wet ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Sieve all the dry ingredients into a big mixing bowl. Add in sugar, salt and candied orange peel or walnuts if using.
- Make a well in the flour mixture, pour in the wet mixture. Gently mix batter but DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Spoon batter into prepared paper casings until 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200 degrees C for 25-30 minutes or until cooked.