A Cook Noob cupcake recipe which I have bookmarked to do for some time. I like baking cupcakes that do not need creaming or using an electric mixer [sometimes quite lazy]. This recipe requires no beating or creaming and only 2 bowls needed. Just mix wet and dry ingredients [not more than 10 strokes]. Scoop into cup cases and bake.
[makes 9 cupcakes]
200 gm plain flour
1/2 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp cocoa powder
120 gm castor sugar
Wet Ingredients1 large egg beaten
65 gm butter - melted
125 ml milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
150 gm chocolate chips
- Preheat oven at 200 degrees C. Place baking cases in muffin baking tray.
- Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa powder together into a large bowl. Add in sugar, mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, melted butter, milk and vanilla essence. Stir mixture into sifted ingredients until just blended [mixture will be lumpy]. Do Not overmix as it will result in a tough texture.
- Fold in 100 gm chocolate chips into the mixture. Spoon the mixture into cup cases until 3/4 full.
- Top the cupcakes with the remaining chocolate chips. Bake for about 20 minutes in preheated oven or until cakes are well risen. Cool cupcakes on wire rack before storing or serve immediately. Best to serve cupcakes warm. If refrigerating, warm cakes in an oven at 100 degrees C for a few minutes before serving.