Followers

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Chocolate Brandy Muffins

An alcoholic muffin which has the nice aroma of brandy and strong chocolaty flavour.  Lovely muffin which is soft and moist.  
I can't remember where I saw the original recipe of this muffin.  Anyway, below are the ingredients and method to bake these muffins.
Ingredients
[makes 9 muffins]
1 large egg
75 gm melted butter
125 ml milk
2 tbsp brandy
160 gm plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp cocoa powder
75 gm castor sugar
50 gm chocolate chips
  1. Preheat oven at 200 degrees C.
  2. Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa powder in bowl.  Add in sugar and half of the chocolate chips.
  3. Whisk egg with melted butter until creamy.  Drizzle in milk and stir in brandy.
  4. Add flour into egg mixture.  Mix lightly until just combined [maximum 10 strokes].
  5. Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin cases.  Sprinkle top with balance chocolate chips.
  6. Bake for 12-15 minutes on middle rack.
  7. Remove  to cool on wire rack.

14 comments:

Sokehah cheah said...

I'd love to try this boozy muffin ...bookmarked! Have a nice day!

QembarDelites said...

This does looks yummy and fluffy, more like cupcakes than muffins!

PH said...

Kimmy, I made chocolate muffins recently. But next time I must add brandy hee..hee...

denise @ singapore shiok said...

Chocolate and brandy are very good together. They must have tasted wonderful :)

kimmy said...

Hi Cheah, you should try it, my old man said it's nice. I served them warm.

kimmy said...

Hi Jeannie, yes sometimes I'm also trying to figure out what is the difference between cupcakes and muffins. Anyway, most important it must be yummy and easy to make...lol

kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, I baked several chocolate muffins too. It prompted me to try this with brandy. My friend, it tasted really good. I'm sure you will like it.

kimmy said...

Hi Denise, I fully agree, this combination is good. No complaints about it.

Esther@thefussfreechef said...

Oooo me bookmarked this too! Chocolate and brandy, who can resist this temptation? Can even add some raisins too.

Janine said...

love that it looks so chocolatey! gonna try it when i have excess brandy hehe

Chef and Sommelier said...

Oooo... Brandy... Cordon bleu? :D

I like I like!

kimmy said...

Hi Esther, ya good idea to add raisins. I'll remember to do this next time.

kimmy said...

Hi Janine, reserve 2 tbsp of brandy and you can enjoy this muffin, hehehe!

kimmy said...

Hi Chef, these muffins will be welcomed when served with a hot cup of coffee at your restaurant one day..may your passion for this venture come true very soon.