An alcoholic muffin which has the nice aroma of brandy and strong chocolaty flavour. Lovely muffin which is soft and moist.
I can't remember where I saw the original recipe of this muffin. Anyway, below are the ingredients and method to bake these muffins.
[makes 9 muffins]
1 large egg
75 gm melted butter
125 ml milk
2 tbsp brandy
160 gm plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp cocoa powder
75 gm castor sugar
50 gm chocolate chips
- Preheat oven at 200 degrees C.
- Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa powder in bowl. Add in sugar and half of the chocolate chips.
- Whisk egg with melted butter until creamy. Drizzle in milk and stir in brandy.
- Add flour into egg mixture. Mix lightly until just combined [maximum 10 strokes].
- Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin cases. Sprinkle top with balance chocolate chips.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes on middle rack.
- Remove to cool on wire rack.