Another simple One Dish prepared with an assortment of ingredients that is good to serve with rice for a complete meal.
There are mushrooms, carrots, capsicum, black fungus, white cabbage and chicken. The seasoning is very basic with light soy sauce, cooking wine and chicken stock granules [can substitute with msg or sugar] and sesame seed oil. You can substitute white cabbage leaves with celery or snow peas.
6 dried mushrooms - soaked, keep whole
3 pieces Ernygii mushrooms - cut wedges
1 piece black fungus - break into pieces
30 gm carrots - sliced
100 gm white cabbage - cut
3-4 pips garlic - peeled and keep whole
4 pieces chicken tender - cut bite size pieces
100 ml water
2-3 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp cooking wine
1 tbsp sesame seed oil
1 tsp chicken stock granules or sugar
- Marinate chicken pieces with some salt, pepper, oil and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Stir fry mushrooms without oil in a non stick wok until aromatic. Add in a tablespoon of oil and garlic. Stir until fragrant before adding black fungus and carrots.
- Add in chicken pieces, fry until lightly brown, then add in seasoning.
- Stir to fry until chicken pieces are firm. Add in cabbage, then water, bring to boil until chicken is cooked through.
- Lastly stir in capsicum. Dish up to serve or scoop over a plate of rice. Enjoy with some sambal belacan or cut chillies.