This is a homey mixed ingredients with pea sprout dish. The combination of ingredients is actually according to individual preference. Just increase the portion of the ingredients you like or use less of others which you like less. It can be served as a One Dish Meal with rice as it is complete with proteins, carbo and fibre.
I only had this healthy dish with rice for dinner over the weekend. Love the 5 spice flavoured firm beancurd [Ng Heong Taufu Kon] of this dish and the crunchy pea sprouts.
1-2 pieces 5 spice flavoured firm beancurd - cut 1 cm strips
2 dried mushrooms - soaked, drained and shredded
1 small carrot - peeled and shredded
1 tbsp shredded ginger
100 gm chicken breast meat or with some pork strips
150 gm pea sprouts
1 red chilli - seeded and shredded
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp cornflour with 1 tbsp water [mixed]
1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil
dash of pepper and msg
salt to taste
4 tbsp water
Seasoning B for Pea Sprouts
dash of salt, pepper, msg and sesame seed oil to taste
- Heat oil in a non-stick wok, pan fry firm beancurd until golden and crispy at the edges, dish up.
- Using the same wok, saute chicken strips until it turns white, add in mushrooms. Stir fry until fragrant.
- Add in ginger, carrots and seasoning A. Toss well to combine ingredients. Add in water and fried beancurd. Bring to boil and thicken with some cornstarch water.
- Dish up onto a bowl. Press and invert onto serving platter.
- Using the same wok, put in pea sprouts and seasoning B. Quickly stir to mix well. Dish up and place sprouts around the fried ingredients.
- Serve immediately.