This is a lovely BBQ chicken recipe. The original recipe uses 10 chicken wings but here I used 3 pieces chicken whole legs, roasted to serve with mashed potatoes and mayo flavoured salad.
These can be served as snack with home-made garlic chilli sauce. This recipe is a keeper and I will definitely use it for BBQ chicken wings next time for family and friends' gatherings. The marinade is definitely suitable for barbecue.The chicken meat is succulent, so so tasty and fragrant. Yummylicious!
Recipe adapted from Yum Yum Magazine [modified]
3 pieces chicken whole legs [with or without skin] - fats removed
3 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp each of light soy sauce, sugar and lemon juice
1/4-1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce
1/2 tbsp 5 spice powder
1 tsp pepper
- Mix marinade with chicken pieces and season for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Arrange chicken pieces on a baking tray lined with foil.
- Bake chicken in preheated oven at 200 degrees C for 20 minutes. Switch oven to grill function and continue to bake for another 5-10 minutes or until chicken pieces are slightly charred and cooked through.
- Remove from oven and serve with garlic chilli sauce.
Garlic Chilli Sauce for BBQ Chicken
[blended together all ingredients]
100 gm red chilli - cut small pieces
20 gm chilli padi - cut
20 gm garlic - peeled
80 ml rice vinegar
3 tbsp sugar
a pinch of salt
- Blend all ingredients in a processor.
- Serve with BBQ chicken whole legs/wings or any roasted/fried chicken.
How To Prepare Mashed Potatoes [Steaming Method]
600 gm potatoes - peeled and cubed
salt and pepper to taste
1 big onion - peeled and finely chopped
some chopped spring onions or coriander leaves
a dollop of butter
Steam potatoes until soft in an electric steamer [about 30 minutes].
Remove from steamer, mash potatoes while still hot.
Mix in all the remaining ingredients.
Serve immediately with roasted chicken.
How To Prepare Mayo Cabbage Salad
Some shredded cabbage
Some shredded carrots
Some shredded green apple mixed with some lemon juice
3-4 tbsp mayonaise and 1 tbsp plain yoghurt