This is another easy roast chicken whole leg recipe with some simple ingredients yet it is so delicious and tasty to serve with rice and a vegetable dish or vegetable salad. This makes a complete meal that is fuss free and well appreciated by the young at home.
We had this baked chicken with rice, a stir fry broccoli/mushroom dish and some freshly cut tomatoes. Awesome meal. Too excited to enjoy my meal right away, no time for too many photo shots, hahaha!
Recipe adapted from Yum Yum Magazine No. 77 [modified]
3 pieces deboned chicken whole leg with skin – trim off excess fats
Marinade - combined
1-2 tbsp grated garlic
1-2 tbsp grated shallots
1-2 tbsp grated ginger
1-2 tsp coriander powder
1 – 1 ½ tsp salt to taste
4-5 tbsp honey
3 tbsp lemon juice
- Marinate chicken pieces with marinade for at least 3 hours or overnight in the fridge.
- Line a baking tray with aluminium foil, place chicken pieces on top, keep aside the marinade.
- Baked in preheated oven at 200-210 degrees C for 20 minutes, then switch oven to grill function and grill chicken for another 5-10 minutes to brown or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, boil remaining marinade in a saucepan until thick, set aside.
- Remove from oven and serve with rice or mashed potatoes and fried vegetables or fresh salad. Drizzle thickened sauce over chicken. Serve immediately.