Recently made these kuihs because my MIL gave me some of the Puteri Ayu molds and my neighbor gave lots of pandan leaves she cut from her garden.
Frankly speaking, I have not really tasted this kuih, so I didn't know exactly how to describe whether these that I made is good. But I believe this is an easy and good recipe to follow. Probably, with practice I may get better looking kuihs and more skillful in removing the kuihs from the molds. [Updates-Please read Amelia's comment on this. She has answered my doubts. I will make another batch with this step].
These kuihs are very aromatic and the natural colour is from the pandan leaves.
Recipe adapted from Joceline lyn
[makes 16 pieces]
50 ml coconut milk [椰奶]
50 ml pandan juice [香兰汁]
2 eggs [蛋]
100 gm sugar [糖]
125 gm superfine flour [低粉]
120 gm fresh shredded coconut [嫩椰丝]
- Mix well coconut milk with pandan juice, set aside.
- Whisk eggs and sugar until thick, then sift in half the flour and gently mix well. Repeat with the remaining flour.
- Gradually drizzle in the coconut/pandan mixture and mix well.
- Press shredded coconut into the greased molds. Then pour the batter into it.
- Put into the steamer and steam for 15 minutes over high heat.
- Remove and cool before unmolding kuih.