I saw this from Soke Hah's blog [No Frills Recipes]. I must say it is an easy dish to prepare yet turns out delicious. But I have modified the method to braising the meat as I used pork belly which needs a little longer time to cook until tender. Please visit [here] for the original recipe and method if you are using pork loin or other tender meats.
Overall, this is a lovely meat dish to serve with rice as a One Dish Meal with sliced zucchini. I believe all in the family would love it for its taste.
Recipe adapted from [No Frills Recipes] with modifications
300 gm pork belly [skin removed] – cut 1 cm slices
Some shredded zucchini and carrots or cabbage
Some toasted sesame seeds
Marinade For Meat
½ tsp each of sugar, sesame oil and cornflour
¼ tsp salt and dash of pepper
Sauce Ingredients [Combine]
1 tbsp each of brown sugar, chilli sauce, tomato sauce, oyster sauce and vinegar
¼ tsp salt and dark soy sauce
- Marinate meat with marinade for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Heat some oil in a non-stick wok, pan fry meat slices until golden brown. Remove excess oil.
- Pour in the sauce ingredients, bring to boil and lower heat to simmer until meat is tender and sauce reduced or thickened.
- Place shredded zucchini/carrots on serving platter, top with cooked meat and sauce.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and serve immediately with rice.
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs Up August 2015 [Brown Sugar and Molasses] organised by Doreen from My Little Favourite DIY and Zoe, Bake for Happy Kids hosted by Jess of Bakericious