This is the first time I tried cooking rice with blue pea flower [Bunga Telang] even though I have seen the recipe long ago. What prompted me to prepare this rice was because a friend confirmed that blue pea flowers do have many health benefits. The following are the benefits I read from here.
The Benefits of Blue Pea Flowers:
* Strengthens the hair for healthy hair growth
* Prevents skin bruising
* Keeps skin glowing and healthy
* Treats urinary problems
* Improves eyesight and night vision
* Treats eye infections
* Stimulates blood circulation
* Detoxifies the whole body
* Provides antioxidants
* Slows aging process
* Enhances immune system
Recipe adapted from Yum Yum Magazine No. 67
300 gm rice – washed and drained
10 blue pea flowers [bunga telang] – rinsed
20 gm young ginger – chopped
3 cardamon pods
3 pandan leaves – washed and knotted
1 tsp of salt and black pepper powder
- Heat up oil in a non-stick pan, saute chopped ginger, cardamons until aromatic.
- Add in rice and remaining ingredients. Fry to mix well.
- Transfer the rice mixture into a rice cooker. Add in water, mix well and cook until dry. Fluff up and dish up to serve with other dishes [I steamed rice in steaming tray for 30 minutes].