This is an easy, simple Chinese recipe yet tasty and delicious dish great with porridge or rice for lunch or dinner.
The meat strips are flavourful, sweet peas are just fried to crunchy and the cooking wine adds extra aroma making this dish good. This is a very quick stir fry dish.
130 gm sweet peas – peeled and cut thin strips
150 gm tender pork meat – cut strips
2 pieces black fungus [bok nee] – soaked and cut strips
1 small red chilli – seeded and cut strips
Some shredded carrots
2-3 cloves garlic – sliced
2-3 tbsp water
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 tsp sesame oil
- Marinate meat with some pepper, soy sauce and cooking wine. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat oil in wok, sauté meat strips until cooked through. Dish up.
- Using the same wok, sauté garlic, chilli, carrots and black fungus for a few seconds. Add in sweet peas and meat. Stir fry to mix all ingredients.
- Add in seasoning to taste and water to cook the ingredients.
- Before dishing up, drizzle in sesame oil.
- Dish up to serve immediately.