Hi, my friends and visitors to this humble blog, I'm back from holiday and also back to home cooking. This is an easy, simple yet aromatic and tasty pork belly dish which I cooked. Thick sweet and savoury sauce that is good to serve with steaming hot rice. The aromatics like lemongrass and ginger bud make this meaty dish yummy, yummy with rice.
This dish taste better after resting and can be cooked ahead of meal time. Just reheat before serving.
Recipe Source – adapted from Yum Yum Magazine No. 60
500 gm pork belly – cut into bite size pieces
3 stalks lemongrass [white part only] – pounded
1 stalk ginger flower bud – cut into 4 pieces
½ tbsp oil
2-3 tbsp chilli sauce
3 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
2 tbsp palm sugar [gula Melaka]
½ tsp pepper
300 ml water or enough to cover meat
- Heat oil in a non-stick wok, sauté pounded lemongrass until aromatic.
- Add in ginger bud and pork belly. Stir fry to mix and until aromatic.
- Add in seasoning, stir to combine ingredients. Then add in water.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 40-45 minutes or until meat is tender and gravy is thick.
- Dish up to serve with rice.