Whenever fresh fish are not available in the wet markets, I will look for salmon blocks in the supermarkets. At times, they are reasonably cheap and is a good option. Bought several pieces to cook this simple dish which costs less than RM 10.00.
Just pan fry the salmon blocks until brown and serve with an easy onion/carrot salsa. I didn't add any oil to the salsa. Hmmm.....isn't this dish yummy at the dinner table.
1 white onion – thinly sliced
1 small carrot – shredded
1 tbsp plum sauce
1 tbsp chilli sauce
2 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp sugar
¼ tsp salt
Some chopped coriander
- Soaked shredded onion and carrot in ice cold water. Drain in colander.
- Combine the salad ingredients in a bowl. Add in the onions, carrot and coriander.
- Mix well and sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds. Set aside.
- Heat up a non-stick wok with minimal oil. Pan fry salmon pieces until brown and cooked.
- Dish up on serving platter, serve with salad and a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds.