This is a very homey soup that is easy and simple to prepare yet good with rice for dinner.
It is a quick cook soup that takes only minutes.
My mother in-law gave me some taukee which she told me is good quality ones. These days, taukee could be quite rubbery after cooking but this one isn’t.
The soup turns out so good with just 2 main ingredients. This soup is so easy to cook and I only estimate ‘agak-agak’ the quantity of the ingredients just enough for 3 persons.
100 gm pork minced with some chopped garlic and preserved vegetables ‘tung choi’
Several sticks of the taukee [beancurd sticks] – soaked and cut into 2 inch lengths
Some tung choi – rinsed
Light soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate minced meat with some pepper, dash of sesame oil and cornflour. Mix well and shape into meat balls.
- Bring water to boil in a soup pot. Add in the tung choi and boil for several minutes.
- Add in the meat balls to cook followed by the taukee.
- Let it boil for several minutes. Add light soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop up onto soup bowl, serve hot.