Seen this yummy pork belly recipe in Sonia's blog [Nasi Lemak Lover] long time ago. Jot down roughly the recipe, chucked it in my diary pocket and it went missing in action. Just last week, I was looking through my old diary before discarding, then I saw the paper with this recipe. Looks easy to cook - it really is easy yet delicious and yummy. This recipe was adapted from Ohbin [according to Sonia].
My hubby tasted it and started asking about what's in this dish. Once he starts asking question on how to cook a dish, this dish is definitely good otherwise he wouldn't keep quiet.
Recipe Source - Nasi Lemak Lover [please visit Sonia's blog for the exact details]
400 gm pork belly strips - skin removed and cut into 2 cm pieces
1 bulb garlic - peeled and chopped [used this much as I like garlic]
some chopped spring onions
4 tbsp light soy sauce
3 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp cooking wine
- Combine seasoning ingredients [except sugar and water] in a bowl. Set aside.
- Caramelise the sugar in a non stick wok [golden in colour].
- Add in pork belly pieces. Stir to coat and mix well.
- Pour in seasoning ingredients. Stir to mix well and bring to boil for several minutes.
- Add in water, enough to cover the meat. Bring to boil.
- Lower heat and cover to cook meat for about 30-40 minutes or until meat is tender and water has reduced.
- Add in the garlic and stir until gravy is almost thick.
- Dish up to serve, garnish with some spring onions.
Visit this site for Its' Nutritional Facts