Has been eating too much of red meat recently and wondering whether it has affected my cholesterol level - 'a little kiasee'. Must do something to 'neutralise' it a little. I remembered Cheah's black fungus salad [No Frills Recipes] and thought it would be good to make this to serve with the meat dish.
|Visit this site for Its' Nutritional Facts|
As I was lazy to fry another vegetable, I added some zuchini, big onions and carrots to it. The salad ingredients are very crunchy and the dressing goes well with it. Moreover, it is also easy to prepare.
30 gm wood ear fungus - soaked, stemmed and cut into strips [I used mok yee]
1 small carrot - peeled and shredded
1 small zuchini - seeds removed and shredded
1 small red chilli
some chopped coriander leaves
2 tbsp toasted white sesame seeds
Seasoning - Mix together in a bowl
2-3 tbsp sweet black vinegar or Balsamic vinegar
3 tsp each of oyster sauce and sesame oil
2 tsp light soy sauce
2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
- Bring some water to boil in a pot. Cook black fungus for about 5 minutes. Drain in a colander.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together [test to adjust taste] in a mixing bowl.
- Combine black fungus, zuchini, carrot and chillies in a big bowl.
- Pour the sauce over and toss well to mix. Throw in coriander leaves and toasted sesame seeds.
- Chill for an hour before serving.