Jingdu sauce is a very tasty sauce for cooking chicken, tender meat and spare ribs etc. There are many versions, though. I had two postings related to Jingdu sauce 'Jingdu Pork Fillet with Angel Hair' and 'Pan Fried Meat Slices with Jingdu Sauce'. Believe me, they are good.
This recipe here is much easier and quick to prepare. I'm using sliced streaky pork for this recipe which I pan fried till slightly brown and crispy.
|Visit this site for Its' Nutritional Facts [here]|
300 gm streaky pork belly slices
1 tsp each of sugar, light soy sauce and dark soy sauce
1/2 tsp each of sesame oil, 5 spice powder
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp cornflour
Sauce Ingredients - combined
1/2 tbsp each of sugar, Worchester sauce, Shaoxing wine and chilli sauce
2 tbsp tomato sauce
5-6 tbsp water
2 tsp cornflour
- Season pork slices with marinade for an hour or more.
- Heat up a non-stick pan. Put in the meat slices to pan fry until crispy and brown. Remove some of the oil from the frying [if there it is too much from the pork slices].
- Push fried meat aside. Pour in the combined sauce ingredients. Bring it to a rolling boil [I added the sauce ingredients without combining, much easier to combine the sauce ingredients before frying].
- Mix fried meat with sauce to cook until gravy is slightly reduced or thick [according to own preference].
- Serve hot. Garnish with some toasted sesame seeds, shredded greens [zuchini, carrot, onion and tomatoes etc] - optional.