I was more curious with the Garlic Dried Prawns dipping sauce recipe which I saw in a magazine. It is supposed to be a dipping sauce for fried fish but I used it as a dressing for this salad which turns out good. This salad was served together with an eastern style dish Fried Chicken with Sweet Dark Soy Sauce and boiled potatoes [see recipe].
Hahaha!, all blends well and no leftovers....
Garlic Dried Prawns Dipping Sauce
80 gm dried prawns - rinsed and chopped
1oo gm garlic - chopped
100 ml white vinegar [I used Apple Cider]
50 ml cold boiled water [omit if using as salad dressing]
4 tbsp sugar
- Pan fry dried prawns in a wok until fragrant. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, mix dried prawns with the rest of the ingredients.
- Serve with fried fish or chicken.
Mixed Cabbage Salad with Garlic Dressing
150 gm cabbage - rinsed and finely sliced
1 red carrot - peeled and shredded
some salad leaves - shredded
- Soak shredded vegetable in cold boiled water for about 5 minutes.
- Drain in a colander for another 5 minutes.
- Place in a big mixing bowl. Add in dressing and toss well.
- Refrigerate until required.
Notes: Visit this site For Its' Nutritional Facts [here]