A roast chicken recipe with simple ingredients. Pairs well with onions and salad or just another yummy delicious chicken dish with rice for dinner.
Original recipe is from The Waitakere Redneck's Kitchen , which is for 1 whole chicken but I used only 3 chicken thighs as I'm serving it just as a dish to go with rice for dinner.
Taste - aromatic from the spices/herbs and slightly sweet sourish taste from the plum sauce. I added some salt and pepper for taste.
Recipe Source - The Waitakere Redneck's Kitchen with modifications
3 chicken thighs - with skin and deboned
Marinade - boil together
2 tbsp sugar
1 cinnamon stick
1 star anise
3 tbsp plum sauce
3 tbsp water
- Heat saucepan on medium heat. Add in sugar to dissolve but not caramelised.
- Add herbs, on low heat add water and plum sauce. Boil gently for a few minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken and marinade for at least 4 hours or overnight in the fridge.
- Preheat oven at 220 degrees C and roast chicken for 20 minutes [skin side down]. Then turn over to roast the skin side for another 15-20 minutes, brush some extra plum sauce over the skin and sprinkle sesame seeds [turn to grill function for the last 5-10 minutes if you prefer the skin a little charred].
- Cool and cut chicken or serve as a whole piece immediately.
Notes: Visit this site for its'Nutritional Facts [here]