For the past weeks, there have been several wedding receptions to attend which means no dinners at home during the weekends. So I kept my lunch simple as I didn't buy too much of fresh groceries as there won't be much cooking.
This is a simple stir fry noodles where all ingredients are usually available in the kitchen.
The original recipe uses 250 grams of longevity noodles but I replaced it with instant noodles.
Recipe Source - Yum Yum Magazine No. 77
- Fried Longevity Noodles with Dark Soy Sauce
4 pieces instant noodles - blanched in boiling water for 1-2 minutes to loosen - drained
1 stalk spring onions - shredded
some cut red chillies
2 tbsp oil
100 gm lean pork - cut thin strips
4 dried mushrooms - soaked and cut strips
1 carrot - peeled and shredded
100-150 gm cabbage - shredded [can add more]
1 tbsp chopped garlic
2-3 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp 5 spice powder
1 tsp each of salt and sugar
1/2 tsp pepper
2-3 tbsp light soy sauce
- Heat oil, saute garlic until fragrant. Lower heat, add in dark soy sauce.
- Add in mushrooms and meat. Stir fry to mix, add in cabbage and carrot.
- Add in seasoning and water. Turn to medium high heat, add in noodles. Stir fry to combine all ingredients.
- Continue to fry until noodles are cooked and almost dry.
- Dish up to serve. Garnish with cut chillies and spring onions.
Notes: Visit this site for its' Nutritional Facts [here]