|Extra vegetable to serve with noodles|
Here I tried preparing Steamed Clams with Pork Belly by also adding rice vermicelli [beehoon] to make it into a '1 Dish Meal' for two. Simple and easy but delicious without frying and the kitchen is 'clean'. I will try to prepare the original recipe some other time [please check out the recipe in Kuali.com if you wish to try it out].
120 gm rice vermicelli [beehoon] - soaked in water for 15 minutes or till almost soft
coriander and spring onions - cut for garnishing
30 gm ginger - finely shredded
1 red chilli - sliced
300 gm clams - rinse thoroughly, soaked 15 minutes. Wash and rinse again. Drain off water
150 gm meat fillet - sliced thinly - marinate with 1-2 tbsp of marinade/seasoning sauce
Marinade [Mix together]
1/2 tsp each of pepper, sugar, salt, chicken stock granules and sesame oil
1 tbsp each of fish sauce, Shao Hsing wine, fried garlic oil and cornflour
150 - 200 ml water
- Prepare the ingredients above.
- Place soaked rice vermicelli on a casserole dish. Top up with marinated meat slices and shredded ginger and some spring onions. Top up with clams, pour remaining marinade sauce, ginger and sliced chilli/chilli padi.
- Prepare steamer or wok for steaming. Bring water to boil on high heat.
- Steam dish over high heat for 12-15 minutes or until clams open up. Serve at once with garnishing and extra garlic crisps [optional].
- Serve noodles with a plate of simple stir fried yaw mak with fish sauce.
If you prefer more soupy noodles, you can add more water and seasoning sauce. to noodles