Followers

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

THAI FRIED FISH WITH CHILLI SAUCE

Thai Fried Fish with Chilli Sauce aka Pla Rad Prik in Thai.  This is the second time I prepared this dish.  My first post with pictures and all were lost somewhere when I was writing some other posts.  No idea why but I supposed my fingers work faster than the system and hanged somewhere, hehehe!  Now,  I have to slow down a little ......
This is easy to prepare yet it is a delicious dish.  You can use fish fillets or other fish meat with least bones.  Previously, I used black pomfret and here I'm using Spanish Mackerel.  The fish can be deep fried or pan fried.
The savoury, sourish and spicy tastes of the sauce blends well with the fragrant fried fish. Nice to go with rice.
Recipe adapted from a Thai cookbook 'Healthy and Easy Thai Cooking' [my selected cookbook for Cookbook Countdown Event #9] with modifications.


Ingredients
2 pieces Spanish Mackerel - cleaned and pat dry
some all purpose flour for coating
some chopped spring onions/coriander leaves or fried Basil leaves
1 dried red chilli - soaked and cut small pieces
  1. Heat up wok with enough oil for frying the fish.  Coat fish with flour and fry until cooked through and edges are crispy.  Fry the dried chillies and dish up together with the fish onto serving platter.
Ingredients for Chilli Sauce
5 pips garlic - skinned and chopped
1 red chilli - seeded and chopped 
2 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp oil
  1. Fry garlic and chilli in oil until fragrant, add in the remaining ingredients with some water.
  2. Bring to boil until sauce is thick and pour over fried fish.
  3. Garnish with spring onions, coriander leaves or fried Basil leaves.
  4. Serve immediately.

4 comments:

kitchen flavours said...

This looks simple and yet I can see that it is delicious! The perfect dish to eat with rice!

Kimmy said...

Hi Joyce, this is simple enough and especially good to cook it with fish fillets. I prepared this dish with one whole fish before and I think I prefer this Spanish Mackerel [less bony].

Margaret said...

I bet this would be good with catfish.

Kimmy said...

Hi Margaret, I like the sauce which is easy to prepare yet awesome with crispy fried fish. I think it's good with any white meaty fish.