Followers

Monday, December 22, 2014

EZ Tofu Soup

Prepared this soup while recovering from sensitive teeth.  The ingredients are all cut into thin strips for easier eating and swallowing.  Never experience this kind of teeth condition whereby anything hard, sweet and cold that you put in your mouth could be so hurting that you feel like throwing out.  Really affects your appetite.
No doubt, the condition gets better after a complete course of antibiotic which I was told it is only temporary relief, continuous care of sensitive teeth is crucial to avoid another onset.
This soup is a rescue to fill my tummy with food so that I can have my medication.  Poor me.
BTW, this is a quick cook soft suitable for all in the family.

Ingredients
[serves 2-3]
1 piece soft tofu - cut thin strips
100 gm lean meat - cut thin strips
1 small carrot - cut thin strips
2 dried mushrooms - soaked and cut thin strips
750 ml water
1/2 tsp salt and pepper to taste
a dash of sesame seed oil
some chopped spring onions or Chinese celery
  1. Marinate meat with some light soy sauce, pepper and sesame oil.  Set aside.
  2. Bring water to boil in a soup pot.  Add in the carrots and mushrooms, then the marinated meat.  Stir to mix.
  3. Let it boil until all ingredients are soft.  Add in tofu and seasoning to taste.
  4. Before serving, garnish with spring onions and add a dash of sesame oil.

Today is Winter Solstice [Tung Chih] but with sensitive teeth problem, I can't enjoy a bowl of sweet, fragrant soft tang yuan now.  Here is Kimmy, wishing all readers and dear friends of the Blogsphere
 'HAPPY WINTER SOLSTICE DAY'.

6 comments:

Karen Luvswesavory said...

Oh dear Kimmy, you take care.
Wishing you and family a blessed winter solstice festival too.

PH said...

Kimmy, Happy Winter Solstice to you too! The sensitive teeth must be the one caused by the sweet things you ate in Thailand? I have sensitive teeth also but not as bad as yours. But if I eat something sour, then I will feel it when I brush my teeth. Anyway, your soup is good and nutritious. Can have it as a main meal in itself.

Kimmy said...

Thanks Phong Hong, yes the sweet desserts and Ice cube drinks are the catalysts. Luckily the antibiotics work and I'm much better now but must be very careful with sweet and cold food now.

Kimmy said...

Thanks Karen, you too have a wonderful Tung Chih. Now at my MIL's place, doing the routine work to be done for the occasion. My MIL buys the ready mix tang yuan ingredients and I just did the rolling and cooking. At her place, I follow her ways. I'm not making any at my own place but at other times when I feel like having tang yuan.

Madeline said...

Hi Kimmy, happy winter solstice festival to u n yr family. Try using the Colgate sensitive toothpaste. It helps. I had sensitive teeth too and after using this toothpaste my sensitive teeth problem is solved. :)

Kimmy said...

Hi Madeline, my greetings to you and family too. Thanks for your advice, the dentist gave me a sample tube and it helps. It's better and I'm really scared if there is another onset or affects my other teeth. Some friends recommend Sensodyne too and very soft bristle toothbrush. Looks like I have to follow strictly to it. Life is difficult when you can't enjoy good food because of this problem.