I have been roasting peanuts since then. I used good quality peanuts and the result is always good. My hubby prefers it without the skin and myself the opposite. So I leave the peanut skin removing to him.
Do visit this blog, Are We Crazy of What if you like to know more about peanuts and homemade peanut butter. I told of making it but still prefers to enjoy peanuts roasted this way.
300 gm raw peanuts - good quality ones
salt to taste [I omit]
- Rinse peanuts in a colander under running water several times and leave to drain off water.
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees C for 5-10 minutes.
- Spread out peanuts in a baking tray, preferably in single layer for even roasting.
- Roast peanuts in middle rack of oven for 20-25 minutes depending on your oven. Once you hear some crackling noise, they are about ready.
- Remove from oven to cool before removing skin.
- Store in airtight container.