Followers

Friday, February 28, 2014

Hoisin Flavoured Roast Chicken Chop

Weekend meals - I just love easy cooking and prepare simple food for my family.  We 'cooks' do need a rest to 'charge' ourselves too, after we are all humans like the rest,  hahaha!   All work and no play makes Jane a dull girl.
This recipe was inspired by Redneck's Hoisin Chicken [here] which is roasting a whole chicken but I prefer roasting drumsticks or chicken chop [deboned chicken whole legs] as one whole chicken is too much for 3 persons.
This roast chicken is served with a tasty hoisin onion dipping sauce, steaming hot rice and some sliced cucumbers.

Again, another meal better to be served in my cosy little kitchen than eating out.  I think my hubby will like it, hehehe!  More economical of course [almost everyday I hear people [from sellers to buyers] complaining about rising costs of food.
Food verdict - my hubby says it's very aromatic, tasty and surprised when I told him, it's just Hoisin sauce, salt and honey.
Ingredients
[serves 3]
3 pieces chicken whole leg - deboned [either with or without skin]
- marinate with 1 tbsp Hoisin sauce and 1 tsp salt for at least an hour [mine is overnight]
Before roasting - rub over the skin and meat with:
1 tbsp each of honey and Hoisin sauce
Dipping Sauce
2 onions - sliced
1 tsp chopped garlic
2 tsp oil
3 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
3 tbsp water
dash of pepper and Shaoxing wine [optional]
  1. Marinate chicken whole legs.
  2. Preheat oven @ 200-220 degrees C for 10 minutes.
  3. Before roasting, rub chicken pieces with honey and Hoisin sauce.  Roast chicken [skin side down] for 20 minutes, flip over and roast/grill the skin side for another 20 minutes or until the skin is nicely browned and slightly crispy. 
  4. Dipping Sauce - Saute onions and garlic until aromatic.  Add in Hoisin sauce and water.  Bring to boil for several minutes.   Serve hot or warm with roasted chicken, rice and sliced cucumbers or any salad.
Notes: Visit this site for Its' Nutritional Facts [here]

13 comments:

PH said...

Kimmy, your chicken chops are very tempting! That reminds me, I have a bottle of Hoisin suace which I haven't opened. This is my bad habit, buying and not using!

Victoria Bakes said...

this is a very appetising dish Kimmy...

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, first, check the expiry date. It might push you to quickly cook this dish...hehehe!

Kimmy said...

Hi Victoria Bakes, if my hubby can give his positive comment, it should be near perfect. Not easy for him to say NICE.

Amy Baking Diary said...

Hi Kimmy,

I tempted by this chicken and going to do it this weekend. Love your simple and easy fix dish.

I have done Kuih Bahulu and stir fry egg instant noodle from your recipe. I like it very much!

Jozelyn Ng said...

Looks easy cooking with the Lee Kum Kee hoisin sauce, must go and get 1 bottle.

Amy Cheong, Desirablerecipes said...

Anything to do with chicken, sure my family will love it. Nice recipe. Thanks for it.

Kimmy said...

Hi Amy, thanks for trying the recipes. I think you will like the roast meat recipes too. Very easy yet yummylicious.

Kimmy said...

Hi Jozelyn, my Hoisin sauce is a local brand from Tong Fong Sauce Factory at BM. It is good for this recipe and also frying roasted pork or duck.

Kimmy said...

Hi Amy Cheong, I find cooking chicken much easier especially with deboned drumstick. Always good.

Lite Home Bake said...

Easy and yummy, just the type of dishes for me!

Kimmy said...

Hi Lite Home Bake, these days there seem to be endless chores to do. Easy and quick dishes are best.

CQUEK said...

Love this recipe!