Followers

Thursday, April 30, 2020

EZ BANANA BREAD

On one of the days of Phase 3 Malaysia's MCO to curb Covid19 infection, I bought some bananas which look greenish yellow.  Hoping that they would be ripe and turn yellow in a day or two for consumption but they didn't.  Instead the skin turned greyish, greenish and yellowish.  I was thinking of discarding them, but before I did that, I peeled one and discovered that they are already ripe and edible.  It is impossible to finish the lot of them and afraid that they may be spoiled the next day, I decided to make banana bread.  
I came across this recipe from Brian's Cuisine which suits me well.  The bananas need to be frozen for 24 hours before using.  Great, I went ahead to get it done for the next day's baking.
This is my opinion - awesome banana bread loaf.  The steps are so easy to follow, just mixing the ingredients without the need of a mixer, yet the result is satisfactory.  This recipe is a keeper and in future, I need not worry if I have leftover bananas at home.
The banana bread is soft, moist and the sweetness is just nice for me. 
Ingredients
350 gm banana flesh - peeled and freezed
100 gm castor sugar
70 gm brown sugar
2 large eggs [about 110 gm]-lightly beaten
55 ml unsalted melted butter
220 gm plain flour - sifted with baking soda
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
  1. Peel the bananas to get 350 gm of the flesh.  Cut into sections and store them in a zipper bag.  Leave in freezer for at least a day before using.
  2. The next day, thaw the frozen bananas for at least 2 hours, mash into puree.  Set aside and get ready the remaining ingredients.
  3. In a large mixing bowl, put in mashed bananas, add in both sugars.  Mix well until sugar dissolves.  Add in beaten eggs and salt.  Continue to mix well with a hand whisk.
  4. Pour in melted butter.  Mix well.
  5. Add egg mixture into sifted flour.  Combine ingredients by folding lightly until the flour is not visible [Do Not Over-mix batter].
  6. Pour into a greased baking tin [I used an aluminium foil tray of size 12cm x 20cm x 5cm].  Tap tray a few times to release trapped air.
  7. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 for 47-50 minutes.  Test with a skewer before removing from oven.  Leave to cool in a wire rack for 20-30 minutes before dislodging bread.
  8. Slice and serve.

 

No comments: